Need Help With Downgrading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfreak08, Mar 25, 2010.

1. macfreak08

macfreak08 New Member

I have an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3. A few weeks ago, I was forced to upgrade when my iphone started rebooting on it's own. Once I upgraded, I haven't been able to downgrade to 3.1.2. Every time I try to downgrade I get an error message that says something like "the iphone 'iphone' could not be restored because it is not eligible for the requested build". That can't be because it was just running on 3.1.2. Also, when I attempt to downgrade I get a message from itunes that says it will verify the restore with apple. Why is verification from apple required to downgrade? I never saw that message before when I downgraded other devices I have. Another thing...I also have tried to enter in the "gs.apple.com" in terminal like I've been hearing about, but that doesn't work. Any thoughts? I'm running on 05.12.01 baseband.
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    did you back up your ECID SHSH signatures in Cydia?
  3. macfreak08

macfreak08 New Member

I don't know what that is and I have no clue if I did or not. I have a feeling I didn't.
  4. o0BurningFury0o

o0BurningFury0o New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    your haveing the same problem im having bro.
    we gonna just have to w8 till the first week of april thats out only hope hehe .