Need help with customizing!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RedHatNate, Sep 20, 2008.

1. RedHatNate

RedHatNate New Member

Hey I'm kinda new to custom ipod touch themes. So I got customize through cydia, and downloaded the theme x360, then I scrolled down and clicked apply theme to device, then it loaded for a couple seconds, then it goes to the main page, and the theme isn't applied... What do I do to actually put the theme on my device?

I need help understanding what summerboard, winterboard and springboard are... Winterboard automatically installed itself on my ipod when I got a different theme. So idk, please I just want my x360 theme...

Please Register or Log in to view images

And oh sorry,
    Firmware 2.0(5A347)
    whatever that means, =/ I jailbroke it and never upgraded so its still that
  2. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you try to restart the entire ipod? That sometimes works.
  3. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SpringBoard - This is the 'homescreen' of the ipod. This is the official name given to it by apple. This is where you launch all your apps from etc.

SummerBoard - This was a themeing program that worked very well to theme 1.1.x firmwares. This is in no way associated to apple.

Winterboard - this is made by Saurik (creator of cydia) and this is a much more powerful themer than summerboard. This is also not associated with apple. This is the one to go for, not customize etc in my opinion. Winterboard is only 2.x compatible.

Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images