need help with customization.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by hazzah, Apr 28, 2009.

1. hazzah

hazzah New Member

i want to install custom status bars, wifi signals, docks etc... but i dont know where to save them or what to call them. i know how to ssh and do basic stuff like wallpapers and stuff, but i dont know what to call the files or where to put them in the themes folder. can anyone help me out with this? thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. patrese

patrese New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I would suggest that you download a complete theme of your liking, copy it into your ipod and see how it has been built up. Look at the filestructure and the filenaming.
    Also, there's plenty of guides available, here on iptf, but also on macthemes or modmyi, for example.
    Good complete themes to download are tenuis, killsignblue or icomplete, to name a few. I'm not saying that I like them, it's just that a lot of stuff has been themed there so those might be a good example themes for you to work with.
  3. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^that. OR...

You could have searched "iphone/ipod touch themeing guide" on google or iPtF. I think there's a good one on hackthatfone.com
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

So exactly what Patrese said but one thing is this, when it comes to StatusBars you will want to read the Tutorial on changing Font colors. Especially for the StatusBar because you don't want to create a StatusBar that will conflict with your clock at the top or anything else at the top, because I made that mistake and the white/Anarchy StatusBar I used whited out the clock/battery and the name iPod. So just download as many (complete) themes as you can and look them over and over then try and take your time in coping them but with your own ideas. Good luck and just take your time, because I just finished 3 and it took me a week!

Cheers, The Crow

p.s, and thanks to Patrese too!
  5. hazzah

hazzah New Member

thanks guys! that helps a lot.