Need Help with an app for my Company

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by blubill, Mar 24, 2009.

1. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I work for a company that wants me to build an app store application that will basically be an icon (our logo) and when you open it, it will just open safari and go to our company.mobi site.

How hard would it be for a TOTAL beginner to do this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or how much would one of you charge to make this app and send it to me. We would need whoever makes the app to send it to us to submit as being a company we would want it to come from us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I seriously doubt the app store will accept an app that is basically a webclip icon. It would be simple to do though.
  3. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    We are a bank, Bank of America's app is pretty much what we want to do.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, that makes more sense. I would maybe PM Skylar, Gojonnyboi, or BigDaveyJ on here and probably in that order.
  5. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks jpga13
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

A simple project such as this will go for extraordinarily cheap. You must provide me with 512 x 512 icon.jpg (AppStore requirement) which I will convert down to a 57x57 png for the icon. Optionally, a Default.png is nice, but not required. If you provide me with a 480 x 320 image, I can use it. If not, then I will take a screenshot of the app and use that as the Default.png (the way most Apple apps work).

Blubill, I am arguably the best coder on this forum. Please send an email to skylar@skylarcantu.com with the details of what you need, and I will get back to you as soon as possible with an estimate. Given what you told me, I should be able to finish this by the end of the day (EST).

Thank you,
    Skylar
  7. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I emailed you skylar.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I got your email, but I have to apologize, I can not get to this right away. I had something come up with another client that I must take of first.

I apologize, and I would not be insulted if you gave this project to another developer.
  9. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it's all good skylar but if you get a second to answer my email question I would appreciate it. Also I'm more than happy to wait so just let me know when you have time to give it a shot. Thanks again. If you want to pass on the app I would understand that too. Just let me know.
  10. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

There is no doubt that SkylarEC is the best developer on this forum, as he's had the most experience and practice, and I can tell he has a great interest in what he does.

I'm not sure what the current status is between you guys, but if you still need a developer to make this for you, and it's just an app that would open safari to your web page, I could do it for free, provided you create the images (512x512) and default.png

thanks.