Need help with a Halo mod for Quake.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by MrCookie615, Aug 25, 2008.

1. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey people, I kinda need some help with a mod for Quake, it was originally made for PSP, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on iPod Touch, has all the required files to run. (At least that's what I believe.) It's a Halo mod, I've been dieing to get one, or some Halo port, or game on my iPod, cause I'm probably the biggest Halo geek in the world. XD Getting back on topic, I've tried running it but I get tons of errors, and crashes to the springboard, the best I've seen from it is the background while it's trying to load. I have the full version of Quake installed on my iPod Touch, runs fine by itself. Just can't seem to get the mod to work. I'd REALLY love some help with this, and I'm sure some Halo fanboys would love to see something Halo come to the iPod Touch. Thanks to anyone who helps out.

Here's the link for the package I'm trying to run:
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/128442566/new_halo.rar.html

Here's the webpage I found it on, along with some additional downloads for it:
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-psp-homebrew/24167-psp-halo.html

- Cookie
  2. Ska8r411

Ska8r411 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this may sound stuipid but is one of the most common problems,make sure all ilesare either 777 or 755 i dont think it really matters
  3. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow... I never really thought of that... Now I feel dumb. XDDD I'll try it and see if it works.

EDIT: No dice, still doesn't work. But thank you for reminding me though... XD
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Like you said, it's made for the PSP.
  5. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its not MADE for the psp. someone made it to be run using a quake emulator on the psp. (atleast thats what he makes it sound like) otherwise, if it is a eboot.pbp file, or some other file than a .pak, it will not run on the ipod. make sure its a .pak file. thats the only advice i have.
  6. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep, it has a .pak file. Is anyone willing to try this and help me out please? It would be really helpful.
  7. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

addons or total conversions arent made strictly for a port, its made for use with the quake game, no matter which platform its on.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im going to try this when I get home. I'm guessing you could just upload the .pak to
    /Applications/quake4iphone.app/id1/

If its only one .pak try renaming it to pak1.pak if there are two in there rename them pak0.pak and pak1.pak set permissions to 777

Everything else is trash. if it needs them to run then its probably not going to work ever.
  9. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The package has 2 folders, one that's called ID1, with a .pak called Pak0.pak in it and has a folder called kurok, with a pak0.pak, and other folders within it, like MAPS, SOUNDS, GFX, etc and a config.cfg, and a serv.cfg. I believe that's all Quake, the only thing PSP related is the EBOOT.PBP file to actually run Quake on the PSP. I'm 99% positive that everything is Quake besides the EBOOT.PBP, so don't even worry about that. I really don't see why it wouldn't work. I look at some of the errors and some of them say: "Unknown Command: "Fog" or something of the sort, I believe it has to deal with the mod. I'm gonna give it a shot on my modded PSP, see if it runs on that fine, and if it does it's probably the way I have it set up on my iPod or it's just not going to work.
  10. ASLAN27n

ASLAN27n New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if it works can u tell us what u did so we can try