iPhone 3GS Need help with 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melterx12, Jul 3, 2009.

1. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hello, i was recntly messing around in my newly broken 3GS directory, and I accidentally deleted the voicecontrol app folder in root/Applications/...

can anyone with a 3GS please copy that folder and upload it to me? I dont wanna restore lol.

thanks!
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That cant be done on this website, it would be considered piracy. Just restore, the backup restores absolutely everything (apart from a jb). If you really don't want to restore, you will have to look and ask on websites that endorse piracy
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont think that would b piracy... both people paid for their phones and it would come in the restore anyway (which is free) so if it would b free anyway wouldnt it be easier to get it and not have to lose everything? and not be pirating things at the same time
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's Apple's intellectual property, which we are prohibited from posting according to the site's rules.
  5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Exactly. You paid for the license to USE it, not DISTRIBUTE it.
  6. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok lol never mind then u cant get the file on here sorry
  7. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a way.

Its not so easy, if you want i'll make a tutorial on it.
    You will need to have a copy of the 3.0 IPSW for the 3GS. Unzip the IPSW and take out the biggest file. You will then need to download vfdecrypt. Vfdecrypt is command line, so open command prompt (or terminal) and then use vfdecrypt and use the 3GS vfdecrypt key (7D779FED28961506CA9443DE210224F211790192B2A2308) to decrypt the file. The resulting file is an openable DMG. Go to the Applications folder, grab voicememo.app and then put it somewhere on your desktop. Again, if you have no idea what i am talking about, pm me and i'll make a tutorial.