Need help with 2.0.2 Cydia/Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by rolexboy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. rolexboy

rolexboy New Member

I recently upgraded my 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 and jailbroke with winpwn
    everything looked ok
    then I ran installer and updated it
    and I keep getting this error "Unable to Decode package"
    whenever I try to download any package
    any help would be greatly appreciated

also
    does anyone know if you can add repos to cydia and download gba roms directly to the ipod without ssh?
  2. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    was this a clean install or an upgrade???... I am pretty sure that you cannot upgrade from 1.1.x to 2.0.x as all the frameworks are different... you need to start with a clean install
  3. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 New Member

I had the same problem... know what fixed it... NOTHING. Clean install or upgrade, Cydia and Installer jailbreak are still buggy from what I have seen. Basically, I don't see a reason to jailbreak into 2.0.x yet. All the developers want you to buy their stuff through the app store, and if you download it from installer/cydia, it won't work. No point... might as well just have the regular 2.0.2 firmware and buy the apps... same thing honestly since you will have to buy the apps to get them to work even after jailbreaking it.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I have legitimately had enough of your bullsh*t. Just get the hell out of the 2.0.x jailbreak section if you have nothing constructive to say or actual fact-based advice.
  5. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 New Member

All I have asked is what the point is to jailbreakign a 2.0.x Ipod if you need to buy the apps from the app store to get them to work. The WHOLE POINT of jailbreaking on 1.1.x firmwares was to get the apps. With the app store now, what is the purpose of jailbreaking the ipod? Why not just upgrade to a 2.0.x firmware and buy the apps and have the same stuff?

Are we basically just jailbreaking for Teleport, winterboard, boss prefs, bible reader, NES, quake4, jokes and macman?
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Teleport should have been purchased. You jailbreak for themeing, emulators, MxTube, and things that stupidly aren't allowed, like NemusSync. Not to get everything for free.
  7. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

i updated to 2.0 and then jailbroke it with the latest winpwn, im on windows
    everything seems fine, i got mxtube and gba emu working with some app store apps
  8. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

THIS.

Seriously. Of course everything isn't going to work. They basically rebuilt the firmware. Of course there will be some incompatible apps.

Also, not everything in the appstore costs money. There are plenty of awesome, and FREE apps.
  9. benvin1234

benvin1234 New Member

So if i have 2.0.2 i cant download free gba roms
    straight from cydia/installer?
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You need to ssh them in