Need help w/ ebooks & pdf viewer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by motograter, Feb 21, 2008.

1. motograter

motograter New Member

I cant get any of my ebooks to show up in books, and none of my pdf files are showing up in the pdf viewer. I've read a fix for this would be to create a symlink but I have no clue how to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Moto
  2. motograter

motograter New Member

Fix for now.....

I figured out a fix for my ebook issue. Though it has turned out to be a pain in the @$$, it can be fixed by ssh-ing, and setting permissions to 0755 to the ebook folder. Unfortunatley, i haven't figured out how to set it automatically when a new book is downloaded. So I've been downloading 2 or 3 at a time, and setting permissions to the whole folder. I use winscp, go to /private/var/root/media right click EBooks and go to properties. At the bottom there is a check box that says "Set group, owner and permissions recursively" set the permissions to 0755, and it will apply that to all sub directories.

I'll try to figure out an easier way, but this will do for now.
    Still no clue about the PDF issue.
    Hope this helps others with the same issue.

Moto
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the easiest way to fix this is to A) set persmission to 777 on the entire folder, and set them recursively (which means that anything that is put into that folder will be at 777) if it still doesnt work, i suggest downloading MobileFinder from installer. it allows you to set permissions directly from your ipod, and move files around and everything. its alot like WinSCP, but its run from your ipod, and you dont need SSH turned on to use it.