need help using customize

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by theprof22, Nov 4, 2007.

1. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

well i was pretty excited when i got customize working on my touch but i got no idea how to use it. i want to change the order of my icons but i cant seem to figure out how to do that. since i dont think there are any tutorials or anything on here that tell me how to do it so im asking you guys. what i do is click on customize, then go into rSBT. then after that i got no clue what to do. please help me out.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

if you tap on an icon, 3 little horizontal lines will show up to the right of the app. This means you can move it, grab it and slide it to where you want. Be careful not to put any needed applications in the "hidden" section at the bottom.

As of now, customize will only order your icons on the first page. Anything in the extended springboard will be random.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

You might want to try using iOrder to rearrange your icons. It creates a N45AP.plist file and automatically puts it on your touch.
  4. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

thanks for the info. yeah i thought about using iOrder to rearrange my icons but i just didn't know which one was better so i went with customize. but yeah awsome, i got it to work

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

sorry i got one more question. with customize, how do you make a line on your summerboard where there are no apps. like just a strip which shows background.
  6. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, just so you know, first, there is a way to order applications on the following pages with rSBT, and iOrder is good, but it requires you to ssh into your ipod every time you want to change anything, which is annoying.. with customize you can do it on the go (eg - you're in a starbucks with wifi, you download a new app via installer, and want to order it right away

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

You can see the thread on how to order extended springboard icons here.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Thanks Humbert, I believe I did everything correctly, and it seems to work, but I have 2 problems:
    1. If I scroll down to where it says "Extended desktop" customize crashes now... If I just stay away from the very bottom, I'm ok.

2. "Demo.app" now shows up on the springboard, and I can no longer put it into "hidden"

Did I do something wrong?

I FIGURED THIS OUT ^^^^^^^^ It was because I didn't re-set permissions on the file after putting it back in.
  8. sharon

sharon New Member

I have done this multiple times, and when I press save at the end, and then the home button too look at the changes, no changes have occurred! It all goes back to where it was originally, even in the customize app where I moved things around with the 3 little lines. Please HELP. I'm so frustrated!!!