Need help using AppBackup

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by felixen, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had to restore my ipod so I used AppBackup to backup all my saves. After doing the backup I transfered the whole AppBackup folder from /private/var/mobile/Library to my desktop.

Then I restored my ipod (to 2.1 from 2.0) and installed all the apps again including AppBackup. Then I SSH'ed the whole AppBackup folder from my desktop and replaced the new AppBackup folder I had just gotten. Rebooted, but now when I hit the AppBackup icon it just quickly opens the app and shuts it down again.

edit: also, before I overwrote the new AppBackup folder I checked the files in there. There were many, maybe 10 files. I then renamed the whole folder to AppBackup.bak and transfered it to my desktop. Then I checked the old AppBackup folder I already had on my desktop (the one containing all the saves I need to transfer), and there were like 3 files in this folder.

Then I went to check the AppBackup.bak I had just transfered and now there's also 3 files in there, although there were like 10 or so when I SSH'ed into the folder before transfering it. Why did I lose so many files?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just tried uninstalling it and installing it again, so its fresh out the box. I then rebooted and tried open the app but it still won't open. Doesn't this work on 2.1 at all??
    This is so freaking weird. Now I've uninstalled and installed it a few times, I never get the 10 files (or whatever the number was) again, now I only get the 3 files and I still can't open the damn thing
  2. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    anyone, I really want my old saves back
  3. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    guess no one can help me, even the guy who made it doesnt know. Now the appbackup icon doesnt even appear on my ipod when I install it (I tried uninstalling and installing a bunch of times). I dont even see it when I ssh into Applications.

Therefore I was thinking, can anyone please give me AppBackup so I can get it on my computer. then I wanna try SSH it into the applications folder and see what happens.
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    come on man, can't someone please upload AppBackup somewhere so I can try and SSH it into my ipod?
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

use an app called gUICache to rebiuld the springboard cache and the appbackup icon should appear
  6. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you the bomb. hope it works, imma try it out
    well it still didn't work. In the app you told me to get it says it's for app's added manually. Does that mean it only works if I transfer AppBackup via SSH, or is it the same if I download it with Cydia and then use the app you told me?
  7. fparedesg

fparedesg New Member

To make AppBackup open again, do this:
    1. Delete AppBackup from Cydia.
    2. SSH into your iPod and delete /Applications/AppBackup
    3. Go to /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup and delete the AppBackup folder.
    4. Install AppBackup through Cydia again.
    Ok, I got it. What I originally did was to delete the folder /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup and then I added the folder I had backed up in my computer. After doing what I mentioned in the post above, I tried copying the whole folder again, but this time without deleting the one on my iPod first, and it worked! I didn't change permissions, I just dragged the folder from my computer to my iPod, and when asked "Do you want to replace this folder?" I chose "Yes to all".
  8. hundreds

hundreds New Member

Just wanted to say Thanks for the solution to this problem.
  9. Anonymous911

Anonymous911 New Member

don't use backgrounder for appbackup or don't 'Enable at Launch'

dunno about 2.0 but it works for 4.x
  10. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    u, uh... kinda brought back a 2 year old thread...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.