Need Help unlocking iphone 2g to 3.0 FW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconsfan07, Jun 21, 2009.

1. falconsfan07

falconsfan07 New Member

i have a iphone 2g with 2.0.2 unlocked firmware that a friend unlocked for me.I want to know how i can unlock it to 3.0 firmware.whenever i download the redsnow program, it downloads as a *******.is it supposed to do that?please post any good tutorials or videos that can help me. thanks
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Wait for ultrasn0w. Do not update until it is released.
  3. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree with sheskah. I'm assuming you don't know how to deal with *******s? But yeah just FYI for future reference, just download bit******* or some other ******* software and open it from there.
  4. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mate if you dont know what a ******* is... lol -> google *******s, download that ******* file, open it in u******* or bit******* and download the file. You will also need to have your iphone already upgraded to 3.0, and then use resn0w -0.7.2 and put the firmware in that and it will jailbreak your iphone with cydia/icy. Now when ultrasn0w is released you will use one of those programs to download ultrasn0w to unlock your iphone.

NOTE - using redsn0w now will lock your phone and it will be just an ipod, how ever your iphone will need to be jailbroken to apply ultrasn0w to unlock it. So keep your eyes open at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ for an update.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You can unlock the 2G with RedSn0w, just select Unlock with Install Cydia when going through the jailbreak.