Need help testing web app for iPod/iPhone

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by SteveB, Apr 7, 2010.

1. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    We'd really appreciate some help testing a web application for the iPod and iPhone.

This is a little different, it's not a hack and would be for non-jailbroken devices. What we're trying to do is make a way to organize the apps on a screen by creating labels. You can put any text you want on them, change the color, add effects, and then save them to the screen. You can also make spacers so things line up nice and neat.

The image below shows a 'before' and 'after', with the labels for 'Fun' and 'News'.

We'd just appreciate some folks dinking around with it and giving feedback. We're most interested in whether it is easy to use.

If you wouldn't mind giving it a try email me at the address below and I'll send you an activation key.

The website is: http://www.myphonelabels.com/

Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd just like to say, from visiting your website, your payment system seems completely wrong for this kind of service.

Honestly, why is it pay monthly/yearly? A better payment scheme would be you have to buy icons to remove the watermark. Instead of it being a time based system, have it that you sell bundles of icons at discount rates or something.

Can't really comment on the service itself, but it sounds decent enough. However, I don't think you're going to draw any profit from jailbroken users.
  3. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm... how does this exactly work? How did you cover 2 icons by 1 label? I would love to try, sending an email now