Need help syncing ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mklkmk, Feb 9, 2009.

1. mklkmk

mklkmk New Member

This is more of a query than a complaint/help topic, but anyway.
    The problem first occurred the first time i synced my ipod touch (2nd gen) to my laptop, not including the initial setup and sync. It worked fine and everything synced okay but my apps wouldn't work afterward, they would load the start up screen but would then return to the home screen.
    I deleted and downloaded them again which was fine, the only problem being that my progress in some was lost (games like rolando, hero of sparta etc.)
    I've synced my ipod countless times since then with now over 30 apps and everything is fine. However, after syncing the other day my 3 newest apps did the same thing. Luckily they were entertainment apps so i could download them again without any hassle, but it still perplexed me as to why it happened.
    What makes this weirder is that it happened to my friend as well 2 weeks previous before i bought my touch.
    So, can anyone tell me what this is and if there's something i'm doing or something that's going wrong to cause it, thanks.
  2. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it has happened to me as well, but i would up having to unauthorize / reauthorize itunes then re-sync to make them work.. unistall/re-install did nothing. ALL apps would go right back to the home screen.. sucked.
  3. mklkmk

mklkmk New Member

how do i unauthorise / authorise itunes?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    dont worry - i figured it out - thanks for the advice =)