need help- somethin wrong w/internet connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by debstieb, Nov 9, 2008.

1. debstieb

debstieb New Member

I haven't had this problem for a few months. I get the Internet alright, but it shuts down, and goes back to the home screen every few minutes. Could this be a wifi problem. My daughter is using our computer with no problems.

Thanks,

Deb
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    So your iPod does this? Restore.
  3. debstieb

debstieb New Member

restore?

won't I lose all my stuff? If I ever have to replace my iPod, will I be able to transfer everything to the new iPod, or do I have to start all over?

Thnx,

Deb
  4. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

you will, lose all your files if you restore...
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey Deb,

Don't listen to the peanut gallery above and restore at first attempt. These users as of late have been giving responses to many similar tech help questions saying to restore, without first investigating the problem to find out if there is another possible fix. This way you don't have to go through the struggle of restoring and loosing all your files. I'm not crossing out the possibility of a restore, but first we'll try to fix the problem before restoring as a last resort.

Anyways, this may seem blunt, but make sure you are connected to this network and if it is password protected, you have entered the password. You may have the iPod set to remember this network as default, but it may have disconnected and isn't reconnecting automatically. If you're already connected, try renewing the lease on the connection.

Go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Next, choose your wireless network (ex: it may be "default" or "linksys"), and tap on the little blue arrow next to it. Now, you'll be brought to a page showing more details about this network. Scroll down, and select 'Renew Lease.'

Hopefully this helps, and if it's not working, we'll go from there.