Need Help Setting up Mail app... I know others need help too!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Memphis01, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Memphis01

Memphis01 New Member

Has anyone been able to set up an @bellsouth.net email on the mail app? I know that there are other programs out there but I would like to figure this one out before moving on. I know that the incoming and outgoing server addresses are correct, but it just keeps asking if I'd like to try without SSL. Can anyone help...oh and what is SSL? Thanx
    -your friendly neighborhood ipod touch newbie!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

gmail was set up correctly but i'm haing the same problem...i cannot set up my bellsouth email. i'm using the correct mail server "mail.bellsouth.net" and SSL is turned off (that's for security but fine to have turned off) and have set the login name and password correct. Does anyone have any suggestions?

i've found that when i select "sync selected acounts from Outlook" and select my bellsouth account and sync the iPod, it will set up the bellsouth account correctly...not sure why?

PS the iPod is cool but iTunes (and all Mac OS software) is back ass-words at best. When i sync the iPod, it deletes all the calandar items stored in my outlook...i wish there was a way to do a one way sync...this is fustrating!!!!