Need HELP! Setting permissions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by MK6, Aug 1, 2008.

1. MK6

MK6 New Member

Alright... so I want the psx4all for my iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroken with Ziphone.
    I got the emulator from ZodTTD. I even have 3 ripped games (ISO and bin files) ready to be installed.

I used Totalcommander to get into applications, but I can't transfer schp1001.bin nor any of the ROMS into my iphone. It says "remove write protection" so I'm guessing that I need to change permissions to 755. If I'm wrong, someone point me in the right direction.

I tried Squid - I'm able to take away the "X"s to change permissions to 493 (755). But it won't let me apply them, I keep hitting "Apply" but nothing happens. Even when I hit the home button, and return to where I wanted to change permissions its back to 511 (777).

Same problem with MobileFinder - I go into modify, make the changes, but it won't let me apply them.

Term-vt100 - When I typed in "chmod -R a+x /Applications/*" OR "chmod -R 755 /Applications/*" at first nothing happened.
    Then I uninstalled it, then installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (don't think I'm stupid for not installing these beforehand... I had OpenSSH installed through Cydia [yes, I uninstalled Cydia's version of OpenSSH, before I installed the installer.app version of it] and FakeBSD installed because of Cydia... so I thought Cydia was acting like BSD Sub)
    After I did that... Term-vt100 understood the code and it ran through, but every folder that it changed permissions to said "operation not permitted"

So I'm thinking... may be, because I didn't login first.
    I know the login is either "root" or "mobile"
    and password is "alpine"

But, I don't know how to get into login and passwords... how do I do that?
    Because, before I installed SUIB Lib Fix. It only showed "?"
    Now it shows "Last login.... blah blah blah date then ?"
    But it still has the problem of "operation not permitted"
    HOW do I get pass this???
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Type this into Terminal:

su root

alpine

cd /

chmod -R a+x /Applications

chmod -R 777 /Applications

chmod -R 777 /var/mobile/Media/ROMs
  3. MK6

MK6 New Member

Thanks alot.

I knew I had to login.
    To think su is all I freaken needed.
    These online tutorials are nothing if you aren't going to tell me how to login, come on peeps... get your gear on straight.

Of course none of the above applies to you gitykins.