Need help removing cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rubikscube, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Rubikscube

Rubikscube New Member

I jailbroke my ipod yesterday and tried to use cydia and when i was installing a package it got stuck for about 15 minutes so i just closed cydia and re opened it and i got this error:
    Malformed line 2 in source list/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (URL parse)
    So everytime i open cydia i get that error and there are no packages or sources or anything in cydia. im not really sure if its possible to fix this error so i just wanted to remove cydia and re-jailbreak my ipod.
    I have read that you can remove it with programs called SSH or terminal but i searched and could not find download links for them =/ so if anyone could help i'd greatly appreciate it. btw, i am running windows xp
  2. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    just restore then re jailbreak.
  3. Rubikscube

Rubikscube New Member

I was hoping there was a way to fix it without restoring unless i could copy all my music from my ipod onto my computer because i no longer have it. BUT i cant do that either because my computer recognizes my ipod as a camera. all the software that copies music from an ipod to computer is only a free trial for like 50 songs and i need a lot more than that.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have access to and can use terminal (or mobileterminal on your iPod touch) there are UNIX commands to uninstall, clean and reinstall Cydia which should fix it. They've been posted on site here a number of times so just search as I don't have time to find them for you, sorry.

and for getting your music back on your computer try sharepod...
  5. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    if u hav no access to any sources or packages and cannot download anything u will need to restore. please be more specific
  6. Rubikscube

Rubikscube New Member

i just ended up using sharepod to copy my music onto my pc then i restored and put everything back on. thanks to studangerous. now cydia is working but just when i wanted to download installer i realized that it is no longer functional. so if anyone else could give me another way to get the app store for free i would appreciate it.
  7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Buy your Apps.
  8. Rubikscube

Rubikscube New Member

• Piracy
    that defeats 90% of the purpose of jailbreaking your ipod does it not? but anyways, is [REDACTED] the same thing? im reading sites that mention both of them so im not sure.
  9. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    usually when i get an error pop up, i just reboot. Rejailbreak with your jailbreak tool.
  10. rugertyler

rugertyler Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just restore and re-jailbreak