Need help picking new earphones

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by dano, Oct 22, 2007.

1. dano

dano New Member

I don't like the earphones that comes with the Ipod Touch, and I'm willing to put quite a bit of cash into getting new ones. The only problem is that I do not know which earphones to get because I know nothing about them lol. Can anyone recommend some nice ones?!
  2. wallstreetcrash

wallstreetcrash New Member

The best value one is Sennheiser CX300s

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. cynicaL

cynicaL New Member

anyone who knows a little about audio,
    dislikes the factory earphones that apple provides
    i don't understand how people use those things
    maybe they just want to look cool and show people they have an ipod
    since their earphones are white

mine are just $50 earphones from sony
    not the best but they're good enough
    if you wanna spend money
    you can get those overrated shure earphones
    i compared $400 shure earphones with my $50 sony
    there is a good difference between them, but not worth the additional $350
    sennheiser is usually well known for their headphones
    i dont know how their earphones are
    let me know if you check them out
  4. wallstreetcrash

wallstreetcrash New Member

Yep! Apple factory ones are RUBBISH! I have no idea how they get away with it.

The ones I reccomended are £16 in UK, so propably under $30 in USA

btw, these are not RRP prices.
  5. Otherman

Otherman New Member

Well, headphones can be a touchy subject for some people because they are defensive about their own. I started out with some headphones that came with my MuVo Slim (like 5 years ago) and they were the best headphones I had ever listened to. Then they broke and I got a $20 pair, which weren't that good (you get what you pay for). About a year ago I got some Skull Candy "Smokin' Buds" which took over as the best headphones I'd ever listened to, they sounded better and they had a bit of noise isolation (they were $50). However, this summer I went to England and visited my Uncle who is in a band and he decided to give me his Shure E3c's for my birthday. Those headphones changed everything. It is like listening to my music all over again, I can't stop using them. The noise isolation is great with the foam sleeves and they stay in your ear. They are about $200 USD I belive, or 80 pounds. I would recommend these simply because they blew my mind away, and they aren't as expensive as other models (which are apparently worth dropping even more money on them). The only real way to decide would be to listen to them, then you can't go back, everything else sounds inferior. I don't know anything about Sennheiser (I'm not an audiophile) but my Uncle did tell me they have a very good reputation. Hope this helps. Do some looking on the E3's if you are willing to spend that much money, check reviews and ratings and hunt around a bit for what suits your price range.
  6. dudeman

dudeman New Member

I dig the Shure E2C model. They were $100 when I bought them. Now they're under $70.

The ~cheap ($40) Sony ones are pretty decent, too. I have (gasp!) small ears, so it's difficult to find earbuds that fit. The Apple ones, besides being horrible in general, are just too big to stuff in my ears.
  7. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
  8. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you should be satisfied with any pair of Bose headphones. i have the Bose on-ear Headphones for $190
  9. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. heat94

heat94 New Member

i just got these Sony ones from the Apple Store, High Performance Extension Cord MDR-EX71SLA, i think they are excellent, stay in ear, they come in black or white, great sound, only thing though is with both of them in there basically earplugs, i recommend them tho