Need help picking my next device

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by Clownassasin, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Which should I get?

1. Zune HD

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Zii Egg

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Android device, please specify which in your comment

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well for christmas I'm going to be getting a new device but am having trouble picking what. I don't know wether to pick a good phone or another mp3 player. Well basically I have now a 2G iPod touch and am going to be getting something different because my touch is starting to bore me. My choices are Zune Hd, Zii Egg, or an Android smart phone( my current phone is extremely bland and is incredibly slow and just horrid)

Things about each:

Zune HD
    Originally I was going to be purchasing a Zune HD but after looking at the official zune forums, I have been turned away by the thousands of complaints and problems people have been having and I am not willing to pay for a device thats going to break on me after 3 days. But some of the features I like are the HD radio, the HD output, and the OLED display.

Zii Egg
    Well what can I say bad about the Egg? It has a GPS chip, it can run android, it comes packed with 2 cameras which don't look too bad. It has a speaker and even a microphone. My problems are that I haven't really heard much about Creative or the Zii team and am a bit frightened to go out and buy one of these. Another thing is the fact that it is still in developer stages and is not a consumer project just yet. I would love to get my hands on one of these devices but I feel like I should wait before I try to get one

Android Phone
    OK well i've heard nothing but great stuff about android. There are some phones that interest me such as the HTC HD2, the HTC hero ( not the one from sprint, the one in Europe that has the chin, sadly though i live in the US) and the Sony Ericsson "Rachael" which is supposed to be unveiled in 2 days. Things I would like in an Android phone would have to be wifi, a good camera, GPS( they all should have GPS now or soon with Googles new free GPS app) a large capacity so I can put my music in there( if i decide to replace my iPod) My problems with getting android will be......well I really don't see a downside, as long as it has a SIM card slot so I can just transfer over the one I have in my phone.

Things im looking for overall are internet browser, application store, a camera, music and video playback (DUH!), from a trusted company, and a fast processor, and also a speaker

Thanks for helping me out guys
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well... If you need a phone, then go for Android. I'd suggest the Droid Sholes (Verizon).

However, I think that you should also look into the Palm Pre.
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Eeeh im not too thrilled about the Pre and the Verizon phone is ok, i like it, but its for Verizon and since Verizon does not operate on a SIM card service, there is no way of me ever being able to use it ( I currently have T-mobile)
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    What about the myTouch 3G Android phone. I have read a lot of good things about it, and you can also customize the body "Shell" to your liking.
  5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Zune HD, it's a very nice device IMO.
  6. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Zii Egg is going to fail. hard.
    1. I bet i am the only person in my high school to have heard of it.
    2. They dont have enough devs! Apple has a ton of devs that work on it, unlike the zii egg..
  7. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    eeeh Ive seen that the hardware isn't too great and it looks kind of cheap IMO
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, can you only stay on Tmobile?

Also, for the mytouch 3G: Ive heard that it is ok, but it is underpowered.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Well then what about the G1? I like that phone, used it quite a lot as my girlfriend owns it.
  10. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah I kind of have another year left on my phone plan, and since I'm on a family plan theres now ay of switching out