Need help on Putting PDF books on ipod touch and reading them

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by xcc19891, Aug 26, 2008.

1. xcc19891

xcc19891 New Member

Hey,
    I just jailbreaked my ipod touch firmware 2.0.0. I have a few pdf books and I am wonder if there is a way to put them on to my ipod touch? Thanks a lot for the help
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Install OpenSSH. SSH into your iPod, then put them into the var/mobile/Media folder or wherever you want to put them in the /var folder. Install the file:// patch for Safari, then put file://var/mobile/Media/filename.pdf and open up the file that way, unless you're using an application like MobileFinder or Caravan or whatever.

For one of those, you can download the file from the program (Caravan) or upload it to the /Documents folder for the application in /var/mobile/Applications/<whatever>/Documents.
  3. lyd

lyd New Member

Jarlath's method will certainly work, but I've been using the free app Stanza from the app store to read PDF and text ebooks for a while now, and love it. A lot better tool for long documents than Safari, imo.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Note that you can drop the PDF's into the Documents folder in Stanza and it'll work that way too... although I don't remember if it'll read PDF's natively or if it needs to convert them via the Stanza Desktop, in which case he's screwed if he doesn't have a Mac.