Need help on purchasing Iphone. (+ General Questions.)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chuck67, Mar 11, 2009.

1. chuck67

chuck67 New Member

Hello all! i have been saving up to get an iphone and i have about $250 saved. i plan to purchase the Iphone 3g from walmart as my local AT&T does not carry it. the few questions i have are what will i have to do when i go to purchase it? im only 17 and i don't have a credit card or drivers license.. could you guys give me the exact things you have to do when buying one, from walmart preferably? also do you have to pay activation fee in store? and also with the $30 data plan, do you get unlimited web browsing, email, app store downloading etc? also are the iphone 3g's easy to jailbreak? does it scratch easy? i have the ipod touch 2g and the back is scratched very badly from normal use.. is the iphone 3g the same? thanks for all your help and i cant wait to get my Iphone 3G!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    you need at least a bank account or a cosigner or good credit somehow to get any cell phone from at&t afaik. i paid like 340 out the door from at&t for my 16gb. activation fees go on your first bill. i dont know about walmart policies. the $30 data plan is unlimited. so safari, mail, appstore, etc. is unlimited. note you need wifi for apps bigger than 10mb. its easy to jailbreak, search the forums. it does scratch, but not nearly as bad as the ipod touches. hope this answered some of your questions and good luck!
  3. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    i think i pay a 15 dollar data plan is that the same as the 30 data plan all its called is unlimited data transfer
  4. westes

westes New Member

you get all data, SMS, etc for free if your signed with ATT.
    When I got my phone, they had to order it. Took about 2 weeks for it to come in. ITS WORTH THE WAIT!
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you have an iPhone 3G with AT&T, you have to pay $30 monthly for the data plan per iPhone. Even if you're in a family plan, you have to pay for each iPhone seperately, though it is unlimited data.

They are easy to jailbreak, and also easy to unlock if for whatever reason your AT&T contract gets screwed.

As scratchable as any phone. I'd recommend getting a good hard case as soon as you get the phone (There are some good ones for around $30)

You should probably take your mom or someone with good credit with you when you're getting the phone to make things easier and faster.

Hope I could help.
  6. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That is completely wrong. All data, SMS etc. are NOT free on AT&T. Here is my bill:

$59.99 500 Minutes shared (2 phones)
    $30 Unlimited Data
    $15 1500 Text messages
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

westes there is no way sms and data could be free. at&t? giving us that stuff for free? in our dreams!

clusterfunk has it about right. that is what you would pay if you would go with that.
    unlimited text is 30 i think? someone correct me if im wrong
  8. Keeheon

Keeheon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you need your parents social security card #, this doesnt sound legit, but they need it
  9. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    All Plans come with Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (among AT&T Mobility Subscribers) and Night and Weekends.

First Line: $60.00/month.

Additional Lines (up to 4 additional lines): $9.99/month.

1400 Minutes:

First Line: $80.00/month.

Additional Lines (up to 4 additional lines): $9.99/month.

Unlimited Texting for all Lines on the Account: $30/month

Iphone Data Plans (required for any Iphone 3G): $30/month per Iphone