Need help on finding a good case...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lux2GS, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Haha ^^ So many threads asking for the same... Well they're all outdated, so I'm gonna ask:

My old Case for my iPod (a Belkin) already looks worn out. So, yesterday I decided to look for a new case, this is what I found and I like. What do you think? Good case to order? Do you know any better cases? Could you recommend me one? - I like silicon cases, leather ones, and hard plastic (or other hard materials). Thanks!
  2. kevuk09

kevuk09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that looks cool, kinda like a f1 tyre from the back ;-)
  3. ironmaiden96

ironmaiden96 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The problem with silocon is that the case will stretch when being used, so will soon become out of shape.

Take a look at the Incase Slider. I have the black one for my 3rd gen, and its perfect; tight fit, good protection and looks slick.

I'd recommend it, i'll be getting another if this one ever breaks. It also comes in white (which i actually think looks nicer than my black one) and a metallic red colour.
  5. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    SPECK CANDYSHELL!! seriously, i don't know why anyone would go for something different. it is a truly amazing case! just be careful of the part over the dock connector because it is very flimsy and i only had my candyshell for one and a half months and that part already tore

Please Register or Log in to view images

but overall, the speck candyshell is really the best case you can buy.

but if you drop the ipod a lot, or want more protection, then get the otterbox defender. adds a little bulk but worth it.
  6. Flying_MashedPotatoes

Flying_MashedPotatoes Banned

ya i have the speck candy shell ( black with gray trim ) and just a week and a half ago the dock thing cracked... rubber still holds it... but it can be pushed down when no ipod is in it.

( I've had it since December,26,2009 )

Tried glueing it but no luck... doesn't every stay stuck... even when glue dried, doesn't even last ANY amount of time ( loctite super glue, plastic modeling glue )

i also have the Speck Pixel Skin which is a very superb silicone case that is tough and feels really solid... it isn't flimsy and does not stretch when you are using it... covers everything except the dock port...

i willy wish that the incase slider had power and volume covers like the Candy shell... the white one makes me jizz in my pants.
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The INcase Slider looks good, but is way to expensive...
  8. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I saw the name of the thread and was gonna say 'NO BELKIN' but saew the OP.

*Facepalm*

Also, never buy anything Cygnett. I have one and it's BAD.
  9. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, Belkin was okay for the first months... really tight, but what bothers me now is the fact, that it deforms itself really easily these days, and that it covers the home button...
  10. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have that two-piece hard thing? With the rubber things that grip on the back of the iPod?