Need help on downgrading

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by vyane, Jul 19, 2009.

1. vyane

vyane New Member

First of all, I have google on many solutions but none of them work. I'm having ipod touch 1G with 3.0 firmware trying to downgrade this back to 2.2.1 but getting Error(20) or Error(1600) message all the time.

The solutions I have tried that failed:
    1. iTunes 8.2, 8.1, 7.7 the shift+restore technique
    2. Entering restore mode gives error 1600, DFU/Normal gives error 20
    3. Winpwn technique by downgrading to 2.0.2
    4. Quickfreedom with the LibUSB + 2.2.1
    5. QucikpwnRC3 technique hangs there
    6.Tried changing USB cable, re-plug technique, changed computer

And as for now, I can't even apply redsn0w. Whenever I try, it stop at "waiting for reboot" or it shows that it's finished but nothing happen (meaning it's not j/b-ed). The application doesn't recognize my ipt after DFU. Any idea what is the appropriate solution to use? It's really a desperate measure resorted me to request help from here, so I'm hoping for genuine replies. Any expert like to enlighten me? I can understand technical terms as I'm a developer myself.

more info:
    I'm running on Vista Ultimate 32bit, all the solutions with both XP SP2 compatible and vista mode with "Run as Administrator".
  2. InfiniteVolume

InfiniteVolume New Member

Device:
    iPad
  3. vyane

vyane New Member

Hey thanks for the reply, I believe the quickfreedom approach works for iPT 2G only. I have tried it and stuck at the jailbreaking process. My iPT failed to turn white even re-plug a few times. Thanks for the effort anyway.