Need Help!!! No Touching Inside Of Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Garfield, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Garfield

Garfield New Member

hi everybody,

today i've been playing around with my iPhone and it got stuck. then i forced it to shut down (like i usually did without having any trouble). now i can enter my pin, switch through my summerboard pages but when i open an app, i can not touch anything. and when i press the standby-button, the display doesn't switch off. it keeps showing the backgroung image without the time. i also realized that at startup the apple logo shows for a while, then disappears for a short time and then appears again and directly switches to summerboard without passing the homescreen....

so PLEASE HELP ME
  2. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

It sounds like you may need to resping springboard. This can be done with killBoard, but chances are that you don't have it installed, and you can't now.

If you can SSH into your iPod and give it this command from a terminal "killall Springboard" it should respring and work again.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this happened to me a lot, just keep restarting the ipod until works
  4. Garfield

Garfield New Member

@TheUnderDog: i cannot access my iPhone through SSH because i disabled SSH and now i cannot enable it :-(. But when i completely restart my iphone springboard has to be respring-ed too, right?

a few minutes ago i opened notes and i could add a new note, but nothing else than open a new one. i also had to touch higher than the button was. in some apps i can touch those buttons who on top of the screen under the statusbar.
    any suggestions?