Need help! My iPod Touch is not responding!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by littlebatwing, Feb 15, 2009.

1. littlebatwing

littlebatwing New Member

Need help! My iPod Touch is not responding! (solved! Thx!)

Hello everyone! I need your help here

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope I didn't brick my iPod Touch...

I've got a 2G iPod Touch, and I JB-ed it. It worked fine until last week. Last weekend I went to a friend's house and left the iPod there. When I picked it up, the battery is flat (because before I left, I didn't turn it off and let the music go on and on) and it wouldn't turn on.

I thought I can't turn it on because of the tethered JB, so I plugged it in my mac. Nothing appear, I guess they didn't recognize it. I tried to put it in DFU (by holding on/off + home for 10second, release on/off for another 7second) and boot it with the little software by Salamantis, it said it can't find any device in DFU or Recovery mode.

My other friend told me that if the computer can't recognize the iPod, it won't charge up so I use the AC adapter I bought to charge it up. After about an hour, I did the same thing - plug in my computer, try to put it in DFU and boot it manually this time. Again, when I type ./rslite, it said it can't find any device in DFU or Recovery mode.

I am not sure what else I can try now. Can someone please help me on recover my iPod Touch??

Thanks in advance!
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Simple. All u need to know is that...

YOUR FRIEND F*CKED UP YOUR iPOD.

He probably broke it since it wont cut on at all, so I suggest U have a talk with your friend.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just plug it in, and it will charge.
    Leave it to charge for a bit, then boot it back up with a Booter.
  4. bunty_52

bunty_52 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey!
    1st make sure ur speakers r on.
    Now connect ipod to pc.
    This is similar to DFU: Hold both power n home buttons. after 10 sec leave power buton (whether u hear any sound or not) and keep pressing home button(until u hear a sound). note that it may take 30 sec for the sound to come. it it doesn't try again. Once u hear the sound, it means it is recognised and itunes will appear. There click shift+restore. select the original firmware u have(not the custom or jailbroken one).
    Now u'll have ur ipod working like new. note that it will not be jailbroken anymore.
    after this u can jailbreak again.
    please reply
  5. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    some other dude had this problem to and he charged it with wallcharger and booted it in windows with 1clickboot
  6. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is true
  7. littlebatwing

littlebatwing New Member

Thanks for all your replies! Ok, now I am home and I picked up the iPod which supposed to be charging for the last 5 hours but it's not hot at all. Wonder if that means it is not even charging...

Anyway, I tried your way, bunty_52, but the iPod just don't make a sound at all. iTune doesn't come up...

Hi Hipy, I tried to plug it to my PC (window, vista) as well, but it just come up with unidentified device.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!
  8. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is the PC charging the iPod? At least it recognized that something's there.
  9. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it knows it's there you should be able to get into DFU mode.
  10. littlebatwing

littlebatwing New Member

hi guys! Thanks for the help! My iPod is back alive!!

I connected it to my PC (because at least it shows that I plugged in something, whereas mac just doesn't respond at all). Since hipy mentioned about 1clickboot, I searched and downloaded it, extracted it and I found file called "helpdfu.dat". I ran it, followed the instruction and finally my PC recognized that it is an iPod!! However, when I tried to restore it with the itune in my PC, for some reason it doesn't work

Therefore I unplugged it from my PC, and plug it in my mac. It finally recognized the device and I am able to restore it!!!

Thank you so much for all your help!! To avoid this happen again, I decided not to JB it anymore