Need help making apple remote application work with itunes on pc!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdiddy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

hi all...my desktop computer (dell) running itunes is hardwired into my router (no wifi). when i click on the remote app on my ipod, the device pops up in my itunes on my computer, and i enter the passcode, but it doesnt work ever. it just says enter passcode....i put it in....it processes for a minute....then asks me to do it again. and again. and again. any ideas? i am running symantec corporate edition antivirus....and probably some windows firewall. if the device pops up in my itunes, then that means the desktop recognizes it...so why wont it connect??? thanks
  2. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if it is being recognized by itunes then it should connect the only reason that it might not connect is the firewall and stuff but if the ipod is appearing in itunes then the firewall and stuff are allowing the ipod to transfer data so it should connect

also are you entering the code correctly
  3. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

yes i entered the code correctly. unless i managed to mess up 4 numbers close to 100 times in a row!

the only thing i can think of is firewall....is there any way around this? i guess somehow disabling the firewall when i want to run the program?

is just seems strange that the computer sees the ipod but the access code wont work....

any ideas? thanks
  4. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try turning the firewall off then trying to see if thats the problem

if nothing works just try reinstalling itunes