Need Help Jailbreaking w/Blackrain, Not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thebird_17, Dec 30, 2009.

1. thebird_17

thebird_17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just got a 2g Ipod Touch. I want to jailbreak it. I tried using Blackrain to do it, it goes all the way through and reboots, installs the blackrain app. After all of this, I tried going into Itunes to add some jailbreak apps that I have, but whenever I try to sync my apps, it fails on the jailbroken apps and gives an Unkown Error. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? I installed Iphonebrowser after doing the whole blackrain thing, and at the bottom of the program it says "Iphone is NOT jailbroken", says its missing the acf2 something or other, I cant remember off the top of my head. Shouldnt I be able to use itunes to add jailbroken apps to my itouch after I run blackrain?

I just want to jailbreak my ipod, and blackrain seems to be the way to do it, I've gone through the proper steps, I just want to get it working so I can install these jailbroken apps and make customizations, install what I want, but its still not working. Should I be using something other than itunes in order to upload these apps? Any ideas or suggestions would help.

Also, what is the point of Cydia? What is it used for? I know its for installing software, but what specifically?
  2. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't understand anything your saying.

First of all, after it install the blackrain app, you need to download cydia, otherwise, why did you even jailbreak? Cydia is like an app store for jailbroken iPods (used along with the original app store). It lets you download a lot of things, especially customizations (themes, tweaks, backgrounds, icons, etc.) Cydia is what lets you install everything jailbreak-like easily. Anyways, you open the blackrain app on your iPod, from there you choose what you want to download/install, so you choose Cydia and continue. At the end you can go back into blackrain and remove it by pressing Uninstall blackra1n.

I don't get what you mean by "going into iTunes to add some jailbreak apps". What jailbreak apps? Did you try to download files off the internet and dragged them into iTunes?

I am also a newb because I jailbroke yesterday but this is so simple, how could you get confused?
  3. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    jailbreaking doesn't put anything in itunes or appstore that wasn't there before. you need to open the blackra1n app, and install one of the programs there. installing cydia is probably your best choice because it has been around the longest and it works great. once you install cydia, open it up and let it do all the setup it wants to do. then you can open cydia whenever you have wifi access and install jailbreak programs from there. post if you have any questions.
  4. daniccja

daniccja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a ?. Once I download the Cydia and download stuff (I havent jailbroke it yet), I just go to uninstal the blackra1n right? And I would still be able to keep on downoading stuff from cydia? Thanks for you time...
  5. Patrickfire7

Patrickfire7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea you are really confusing. Go with what the first guy said