Need help jailbreaking 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Clownassasin, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, I had 1.1.3 until i found out that you can do the system skinning on1.1.2, so I downgraded to 1.1.2 and now found out that you cand do the same skinning on 1.1.4. So now I'm going to jailbreak 1.1.4, so can anyone help me, I know there is iLiberty+ and Ziphone, i Know that ziphone is very unstable and i see a lot of problems, so is iLiberty+ any better, if so can you guys post instructions?
    Thanks
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think iLiberty is better in my very biased opinion, download http://theiphoneproject.org/downloads/ and then just click jailbreak and install installer. It will then do it all! easy as pie some may say.....
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, so i restore to 1.1.4 and download the stuff and follow what you said and thats it?
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I restored 1.1.4, jailbroke using Ziphone 2.5c and have had no real issues yet, the odd problem here and there was easily solved with a quick search or with the knowledge built up by being on this forum for some time. I would not call Ziphone unstable, the problems associated with this break are due more to the lack of research by the users rather then the actual Jailbreak. But then for me half of the fun of Jailbreak is solving the issues that can be involved off my own back - if you want an issue free iPod just use Apples stock firmware that works with no problems at all!
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, i didnt mean unstable, but all i see in the forums are threads of things gone wrong from ziphone, and i havent heard anything from iLiberty+ so sorry, but ill stick with iLiberty+
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow that was fast!. it took less than 30 seconds to jailbreak using iLiberty, Very good
    Nevermind, im restoring and doing it again, its been 2 minutes, and it already froze twice
  7. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Fair enough, I have not tried iLiberty+ and maybe it would be like a game of golf, but golf is a walk wasted and if you want to claim you have *Hacked* something then it should really be more of a challenge then running a program that installs an installer to let you put what you want on it. I am a bit warped and find the problems of Jailbreak an intulectual challange rather then a chore, I don't think Ziphone is unstable I am sure it just requires some specific attention to certain programs to get them to run how you want.
  8. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah i have to agree with you that it is a challenge at some point,, and i always do love some challenges in life