need help!!! itunes is not detecting my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Riddum, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Riddum

Riddum New Member

exactly what the title said...when i upgraded to the new itunes, everything stopped working, itunes doesn't detect my ipod, window does but not as an ipod but as a "scanner and camera." when i connect my ipod to my computer, a window that lets you select a program to launch pops up, it never done that before until i installed the new itunes, the only option it's giving me are, "microsoft word office, photoshop, and picture project". hence why windows is detecting it as a scanner and camera.

yes i tried using a different cord...same thing, tried reinstalling itunes, nothing! downgraded to the old itunes, nothing still! contact apple and no reply yet. went through all the customer support and help section...tried it all, nothing!!!!!!!!!!! i put it in recovery mode and itune still didn't detect it, somehow, luckily, it just went back to it's previous state i had it before, afraid if i try it again, it's gonna stay in R/M and i won't have anything to listen to. if any of you know how to fix this problem or know anything...any information would be awesome. thanks in advance!
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dunno how to fix that but the Scanner + cam thing is because of the ability to take screenshots on the 2.x firmware series of the iPod Touch. That's very usual.
    The only tipp I can give you is:
    Deactivate your antivirus and firewall then try again.

I hat almost the same issue - it was caused by Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. After I deactivated it everything worked fine
  3. Riddum

Riddum New Member

tried your suggestion but still nothing and my firmware is 1.1.4..well thanks for your help...