Need help -Itouch syncing/recovery problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Persianfoo, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Persianfoo

Persianfoo New Member

Hey, so Ive searched this site for a few days now, and I tried many ways to fix it but I cant. Note:I have no warranty

So basically, my Itouch just stopped connecting/syncing to my computer. So after trying many stuff, I decided to restore it. So now, it still isnt recognized by my computer. Whenever I plug it in, it is known as Unknown Device in the device manager. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling that. Uninstall/reinstalled Itunes too to no avail. If I turn my Itouch on, it just stays on the apple logo the whole time, but if I do the thing where you hold the buttons down and then release one, it still does go to the screen that says Itunes with the usb cord at the bottom. I dont know what to do, its not recognized by my pc so I cant do anything with it. Any ideas?
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your iPod is in DFU mode, the only possible way (that I know of) to get it out now is to restore it. Its possible that your iPod isn't the problem though... It could be your USB cable, Your USB port, Your computer, Etc...

My tips to you is keep trying and research other problems like this. See what others did to re-solve the problem. Another possible decision is to try restoring on a different computer, or maybe borrow a friends USB cord?
  3. Persianfoo

Persianfoo New Member

Tried a different USB port, a different USB cable, and a different computer as well. Nothing worked.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    See, I try to restore it to factory settings, it shows the Itunes with the usb cable and arrow pointing upwards, but its not recognized by my computer or itunes, whenever I try to connect it it says not recognized. Under device manager, its called "Unknown device"
  4. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you have the latest version of iTunes and Bonjour installed on your computer?
  5. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What is an iTouch?
  6. Persianfoo

Persianfoo New Member

Dont know what Bonjour is but I do have the latest iTunes
  7. Persianfoo

Persianfoo New Member

Anyone able to help?