Need help -> Ipod touch + water

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bourdagespl, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bourdagespl

bourdagespl New Member

Hi guys,

I need you help.

My ipod touch got out of my pocket and fall in water. It took about 3-4 minute before I realized than it wasn't in my pocket and found it in toilet (it fall after the flush

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

I got it out.. dry it with some towel and shake it to get out maximum water.

For now, it is drying on a table with the power hole on bottom.

What should I do?
  2. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait until it is fully dry (at least 1-2 days) and then plug it into your computer and hope its okay.
  3. tttooommm

tttooommm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    watch this...

If you fall into water or gets wet it is best that this off, because if this can be turned to a "short circuit" and goes off and never get to not work (in limited opportunities). So it is advisable to prevent that when you are near or in contact with water (or liquids) before turn off the iPhone / iPod.
    If your iPhone / iPod fell running water, which is to shut it down immediately and wait for some way to dry well after power to understand and not to make this short-circuit said.
    To dry the iPhone / iPod can use a hair sequadora (giving in part on where you connect the USB) and can also use an effective method, putting the iPhone / iPod into a boul / bool filled with rice and with the apparatus the inside. We expect two days and rice will have absorbed the "water" or "wet" that in our device, we can also use the same two (with sequadora hair and rice).
    Prenderlo try ...
    If you do not get turned so happy until they've proven that it works well and WIFI phone signal, if you have the next best cuidalo and sperm are no consequences for this.
    If you do not turn on, leave a place (not wet) for a further 2 / 4 days and turned verifies what I said earlier and if it is not turned on choice but to take it to a technician or warranty claim (if they even have one) and be able to tell which was which damaged the apparatus

FACT: The good news is that most people if they prendio iPhone / iPod and did not have any problem
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Put in rice?
  5. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, I hear from multiple threads on this fourm that the rice soaks up all the water.
  6. mkkuntz8

mkkuntz8 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea rice does work well. i used it on my phone after it sat out in the rain all night and in 2-3 days it was as good as it was b4 the rain
  7. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't cut it on! Put it in rice and sit it by a heater or something for a few days or more. Don't get impatient and try to cut it on early lol.
  8. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol. causes to short circuit. and bam! no more ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

follow what he said
  9. bourdagespl

bourdagespl New Member

ok tks for your reply...

FYI.. it was up when it fall... and down when I take it... I mean, it cut it's power in water... short??
  10. the cause

the cause New Member

Hmmm...how could it fall out after the flush...assuming you flush while standing as I think most do...hmmm...I would be more concerned about getting the poo outa the headphone jack, lol. jk, I'd try the rice thing.