NEED HELP!!! iPod stuck on boot screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by malatata, Sep 5, 2008.

1. malatata

malatata New Member

Hey, my iPod Touch (8GB) (2.0.2 jailbroken by QuickPWN) is playing up. Last time I synced to itunes, all my stuff (music, videos podcasts) was moved to the yellow bar (other) in the iPod summary tab. I then went in my iPod settings and chose 'Reset all settings and data' After a painful hour, my iPOd restarted and booted normall. Suddenly I heard that 'zzz-zzz' sound that the iPod makes when you connect it to the computer and then a SWOD appeared just below the apple icon, slightly overapping with the logo. I have followed all guides, sleep/wake and home doesnt work (just turns it off) and it isnt recognized by iPHUC, iTunes, WinPWN and QuickPWN.SSH also doesnt work. Can I Fix it or is it bricked?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

That guide is really a joke >_>

All my experience with the guide result in a restore due to unresponsive (crashing) apps from the renaming of /Applications.

Look here
    This guide, found by another user at hakintosh which he cited in such an oh so pathetic manner,has worked for me 100%.
  4. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

I dint knew that one...tthanks!!
  5. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    that's becuase you don't know what the hell your doing. i have done it 3 times and it works all the time.
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Haha, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
    Friend, you should do yourself a favor and not generalize like a condescending not to mention ignorant prick.

I too have used that guide, renaming var/mobile/Applications to ~/Applications2 results in my applications becoming unresponsive. Numerous syncs, reboots, etc. You having the gall to question me while you, in your own stupidity, to link a guide which is in itself varied and shaky to say the least just demonstrates your personal idiocy.

Also, that supposed "guide" is no more than a flimsy fix while the other I linked actually addresses a problem and presents itself as a potential solution to be added to the Pwnage tools.

Do yourself a favor and not post, you would actually seem more intelligent

7. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    okay, then how do you explain the fact that i have used it 3 times and it worked perfectly everytime. anytime you get swod, you don't know what the hell your doing. just becuase of a high post count, doesn't mean you know what your doing.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

When did I imply post count had anything to do with my knowledge. You seem to fail at reading between the lines, comprehension, and reading as well! Congrats, a triple

When did I state I received the SWOD? I said crashing, as in the default pic opens, and then goes to homescreen for all AppStore apps as well as JB.
    If you want to still make the assumption I don't know what the hell I'm doing, I'll give you a little outline of my actions following.

Numerous Reboots
    Syncs via iTunes
    777 to /Applications and ~/Applications
    Reset All Settings
    Numerous Restores
    MobileInstallation file (backups, and others)
    (Also No Music Bug, yet the seocond guide which I linked, also remedied this)

I'm curious as to your response to this and what false basis you can have to back it up.
  9. sane

sane Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Because you're just oh so perfect, and if you can do it every else should be able too right?
    [/sarcasm]
  10. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

what eve? I just don't know how he isn't being able to becuase i can always get it to work, idk why he cant. and I never said i was so perfect!