Need help - ipod caught virus??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by knifeproz, Jul 11, 2009.

1. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ey guys i have a question - see im not sure if this is it but i think my ipod caught a virus. I was playing tap tap with my wifi network (vacation) i was online adn i went to bed. when i woke up all my icons were rearanged and tap tap adn all my game apps that were not inside a folder - gone. confused i restarted ipod - nothing. thinking that i had to put my ipod into apple soon enough due to problems with my screen (and i have warranty) i tried to put factory settings on it through itunes. got the 1601 problem so i reinstalled itunes. i downloaded the firmware 2.2.1 from apple - and it was working - happily thnking it all went well i was having a happy time. ipod didnt go half way through loading (apple logo and loading bar) and it stopped trying to install firmware - it just said that i need to connect to itunes..waht the f***??? im sorry for my language. and then i tried to get a differnt firmware from a different website..nothing worked...any solutions? thanks for all answers, cheers!

this is a jailbroken 2g ipod touch - everything worked fine untill yesterday
  2. ipodfan256

ipodfan256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok.. app probly rearranged because some error and deleted the setting i guess
    and for the can't restore werid try using a diffrent usb port
    also instead of putting in restore mode put it into dfu mode
  3. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

for your restore issues, DFU mode befor restore. And you are using an illegal firmware, this site is anti-piracy. Read the rules.

As for your initial application problem, I'm not sure but from what I've heard it sounds like the apple kill switch at work. As I said, this site is anti piracy, reported.
  4. kiranshila

kiranshila New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that happened to me a lot. When I upgraded to 3.0, I t stopped.
  5. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha no it's not à virus

Please Register or Log in to view images

you have to delete iPod via settings: settings >> general >> reset >> delete iPod (i think) well this should be helping

6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try using the method in my signature.
  7. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank u for all replies i fixed it - i was on vacation and the computer there is a piece of crap

8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

How did you fix it?