Need help! Iphone apps and installed apps freeze

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Npvgreg, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Npvgreg

Npvgreg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, Everyone,

This is my first post. I own a Jailbroken Ipot and and have installer app working. The problem that I am having is this: Iphone apps and other apps that I've installed aren't working! All the iphone Icons show up on the summerboard, but when I go to use them all they do is open and freeze--I then have to restart my ipot. Also installed Sketch.app and same thing--opens then nothing. I am using Winscp and have been able to ssh. Changed all permissions to 755. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Please any help, this is very frusturating. I've searched but cant seem to find the fix. Thnx
  2. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    there's a problem with summerboard where if you turn on the "dimming" feature, it causes a lot of crashes. turn this feature off and see what happens.

when it happened to me, i didn't know about this and i just systematically uninstalled each program, including summerboard. but i know that the damage was already done. with summerboard, i chose a theme that allowed my wallpaper to show through. i had specifically changed the theme to "Default" before uninstalling summerboard. yet i noticed that my wallpaper was still showing through after many reboots. i ended up doing a force restore and have not touched summerboard since. so far, not a single crash.