Need Help Installing Fw 3.0 using iTunes 8.2.1.6 on Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Yongkykun, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thank you so much for checking this page out guys.
    See I was trying to download the new update for my 1G iPod Touch, right? But I can't seem to download it since iTunes keeps telling me that my 2.2.1 firmware is the latest! So what a guy can do? I downloaded whatever's available on the net, but I can’t shift-restore my G1 iPod Touch without bricking it. I always get the infamous error 604 line. Tried everything:
    1. shift+restoring from fw 2.2.1
    2. reinstalling iTunes
    3. downloading fw 3.0 from different sites
    4. logging into windows using different account
    5. deleting all files on my computer
    that has to do with iTunes (clean uninstall)
    and still doesn’t work. Please help. I have my suspicion with the iTunes 8.2 I installed. It’s for the Vista 64 but I installed on my XP x64. It runs quiet normally but I think that that is the reason why I can’t update to OS 3.0. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Note: I never jailbroken my iPod. Ok, once, on 1.1.2, but that was it, I went legit after that. And please don't blame me for not spending $9.99, because I would have if I could! iTunes doesn't let me. The apple website doesn't seem to respond to my clicking on the Update Now button. So please help me out. Thanks in advance...
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't pirate firmware, download it straight from iTunes. Try checking all your network settings and then reinstalling iTunes settings again.
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Like I mentioned earlier, I have tried that. Somehow it bounces off. It's been like this for a three days or so. I can't even update my apps. Asked around and apparently I'm not the only one with this problem.
  4. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try restoring your computer to an earlier date maybe using system restore in accessories under start menu usually fixes most problems
  5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I turned off the system restore feature to save some space

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got the iTunes to recognize the 3.0 update by putting the firmware (p1rat3d) into the iPod Software Update folder in Documents and Settings and then deleting it after iTunes has "read" it. But even so, my iTunes doesn't seem to want the update because everytime I try downloading it, it never finishes it! Best I got was 3/4 of the way. And there's nothing wrong with my internet connection. Same thing happens everytime I try to to update or buy new apps.
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried putting it into DFU mode and then updating?
  7. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have. Am I the only one using iTunes on XP x64 here? Or have you guys tried on XP x64 as well?
  8. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I used my old notebook, and now it's my iPod Touch is running 3.0! Thanks for the help guys.