Need help in putting in my own icon

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by 02krayzie24, Apr 18, 2009.

1. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So i got this leopard theme and i like the icons but it didn't have an icon for my myspace app. I found a better one but now i want to put that as the icon instead of the one that the leopard theme had. So i dl the myspace icon 64x64 and renamed it myspace.png and added it to the leopard theme>icons folder. But it didn't show up even when i respring the ipod and i shutted the ipod down also and turned it back on and the icon still didn't change. am i doing anything wrong? i also did this with the app store icon but for that it worked. I think it worked because the leopard theme already had an app store icon so i just replaced it with the one i got. but it didn't have a myspace icon so i just added that. It that the reason why? what should i do so i can add my own icons on themes where they give icons but i dont like them and want to change some icons to my own?

thanks for your help
  2. ssjgohan4life

ssjgohan4life New Member

Custom icons must be named the same name as the app, ie, a Myspace icon needs to be named Myspace.png, App Store needs to be named AppStore.png.
  3. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In winscp got to private/var/mobile then you will have to look at each folder and look at

the xxx.app folder for the name of the app once you find it open the xxx.app folder and

look for a file that says icon.png once you've found it on the left window find your file

and rename it EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN THE XXX.APP It should be Icon.png and drag it

To the other folder and cluck yes in the popup thing that asks to overwrite and then

respring and you should be good but you will have to do it again if you get an update to

the app or whatever hope this helps
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry about how that is sepparated it's hardto do formatting when your typing on and iPod touch