need help getting snes4iphone roms to show up...

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by grease_monkey313, Mar 4, 2008.

1. grease_monkey313

grease_monkey313 New Member

i have a 1.1.4 (1.1.3) iphone and i have the roms, have the emulator, have fugu, but i cant get the roms to show up...i followed their path; /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/SNES and its not showing up...i changed the octal mode representation to 0755 and still, nothing...can i get any help please

Please Register or Log in to view images

...thnx
  2. mxjcmxjc

mxjcmxjc New Member

the permission needs to be 775 not 755...
  3. grease_monkey313

grease_monkey313 New Member

that didnt work but thank u anyway.... what else do u suggest?
  4. Beau

Beau New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try 777 instead, on the folder and the ROM
  5. gotostep2

gotostep2 New Member

I know that this is old, but I was having the exact same problem until just now.

What I was doing wrong was I didn't know that adding ".smc" to the end of the file made any difference. BUT IT DOES!!! So before you ssh SNES roms onto your iPhone/iPod Touch, make sure that all of the SNES roms have the ".smc" at the end of the file name ex: "Super Mario Kart.smc".

Hope this info helps if it's still a problem for you, or others who are having the same problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SNMustang

SNMustang New Member

hey i got a similar problem maybe u guyz can help me out
    i got the itouch 2g 32gb and i got something called Ishare that acts as the downloader, and snes4iphone as its emulator. when i d/l small games it works great i dont know how to delete saved games but i guess i can live with it, but when i go to download bigger games like Pokemon Chaos Black with the last digits to be 6cvvcw it doesnt show up on the snes any ideas?
  7. sand1303

sand1303 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you adjust permissions? On pc or iPod? I can't get my games to show up either. They do have .smc at the end. They don't show up when I own the emulator.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i figured out what my problem was the tutorial i used had me put the roms in the wrong folder. open your emulator and check the location at the top of the screen make sure that is where u placed your roms.