Need Help getting into DFU mode to jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Clownassasin, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK you may think im crazy but my ipod simply will not go into dfu mode. and being an experienced ipod user, i know how to do it, but my ipod will not just submit into dfu mode.

well it all started last night, I downloaded the update for field runners from the app store but when i opened it said that it was recommended to shut down your ipod and stuff, and since i was on my mac i said sure, why not. so I shut it down without going into dfu mode, so i said ill just get into dfu mode since its shut down now. so i tried and tried and it just wouldnt go. and now iTunes is being a pain in the arse and is freezing up whenever i open it. its just giving me the little spinning mouse volleyball(lol) and it takes forever to set up.

can anyone help me out?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmmm wierd. Try it on a different computer. Its nothing to do with the field runners update because that dosnt touch the BootROM. Im guessing its the computer because the iPod can always get into DFU unless you f*** up the Bootloader. Which an update on the Userland cannot do. So yeah, try re-installing iTunes. Then if that dosnt work, try it on a different computer.
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok ill try doing it on my moms laptop
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

post back with the results
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i tried going inot dfu mode on her laptop but it told me that it was in recovery mode so yeah, ill have to finish downloaading some stuff though
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    In the end it didnt work since i was unsuccesful at booting my ipod, I guess ill just have to wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

since i think my ipod is screwed now forever and cont enter dfu mode
  6. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Ouch...