iPhone 3G need help for my iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MURKS, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MURKS

MURKS Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i recieved a iphone 3G it already had blackrain installed but the person who sold it to me forgot to delete all his user data (contact no, photos, messages) whats the best way to delete all this and still maintain the jailbreak?

Thanks for this.
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What Firmware is it on? Do you need the unlock?

I'd suggest restoring the phone just because he had some stuff on, and it's always nice to start clean.
    What you want to do is get a custom ISPW 3.1.2 for 3G, install it, plug your phone in, plug it in, and hold down shift and press restore, then select the custom ISPW.
    After that's done, set up as a new phone. Download blackra1n, and jailbreak with ease.

Let us know if you have any questions.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you are afraid of doing a restore (which I would agree may be the best solution) you can go under Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. It will take a little while but it will wipe the previous owners info out.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It's so much easier to just do a restore, then re-jailbreak. It's really simply.. I can guide you through it but this will ensure that some of his old hidden stuff isn't still there, and make it less buggy incase there were some bugs in the OS or the phone itself.