iPhone 3G Need help fixing up my mom's iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chronico, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Chronico

Chronico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my moms iphone 3g was running really slow with ios 3. Now she has ios 4.0 and it runs even slowwerr. One thing that needs to happen to fix the speed issue I know from update my touch is updating to the latest ios 4, But to completely fix the speed issue will the phone need a full restore? One reason we haven't done any thing yet is because my mom just got a new computer. So what should we do on her new computer to pair the iphone with it and update and restore if needed? Also she diffidently doesn't want her contacts to go away.
  2. Hardkaare

Hardkaare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Downgrading to 3.1.3 would be the fastest option. But that could mess with contact backups.

I think you should just update to 4.1 that way nothing could go wrong, and you will end up with a more responsive OS.
  3. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    iPhone 3G was ... Crap. Apple did implement a speed fix in iOS 4.1, but it's still going to run like crap. You could install android 1.5 or 1.6 alongside iOS if you'd like, that's what most people I know are doing for a less slow device.
  4. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All her stuff is backed up on her computer when synced. This includes contacts. Restore it, after she restored, it'll give her the option of using the backup, or creating it as a new iPhone.

Please Register or Log in to view images