Need Help Fast!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by NBABall, Jul 2, 2009.

1. NBABall

NBABall New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i jailbroke my ipod touch 1st gen and after it finished it started to reboot but it stopped on the apple logo. its not showing up in itunes or anything. anybody know why? please help!!!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. NBABall

NBABall New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok but if i restore what version will my ipod go to? and its still on the apple logo and im hearing the chime but its still not in itunes.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you don't want to upgrade to 3.0, you can hold the Shift key while to click Restore to browse for a different firmware file. Try another USB port.
  5. NBABall

NBABall New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok its restoring back to 2.2. thanks for your help. i got a couple more questions though. how long is the restore process, i will get back the app store right and will i be able to try and jailbreak it again?
  6. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    restore shouldnt take long, if you want to restore from backup, thats a few hours, and yes you will be able to jailbreak again. and for future problems, the search button is beside new posts on the top.
  7. NBABall

NBABall New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok when I was jailbreaking it the first time it was stopped at the preparing your device screen. I opened iTunes and then it finished the jailbreaking. On my iPod it was the pineaple logo finishing the jailbreaking and then it went to the apple logo and stayed there. So I wanna know how to stop that from happening again. I already read the tutorial and did everything exactly like it. So how can I stop from getting stuck at the logo again?
  8. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    theres always the slim chance that the jailbreak will fail, but it will never permanently damage it. just follow the steps EXACTLY and youll be alright.
  9. iP0DT0UCH 2G

iP0DT0UCH 2G New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it does give you back your app store since you purchased it from itunes.
  10. NBABall

NBABall New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im jailbreaking it right now and its staying at wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode. its been like that for about 12 minutes now. anybody know why?

Edit: nvm i got it to work!! i turned it off then back on lol