Need help dualbooting Leopard and Ubuntu on aluminum unibody macbook

Discussion in 'Linux' started by SteezyG, Jan 3, 2009.

1. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tried using bootcamp to install Ubuntu on my 5,1 unibody aluminum macbook. Made a 32 GB partition using bootcamp then stuck in my 8.10 ubuntu cd and proceeded to install. I didn't understand the partition creator in the linux but i assumed it would use the partition that bootcamp had made. Linux installed fine i assume. Then i option booted and in showed that mac was the only OS on the system. My mac now works fine but i have a 30 GB partition called DISK0S4 that i don't know how to get rid of as well as a 1.25 GB partition called Linux SWAP with the same problem. I'd like to still get Ubuntu but bootcamp says the disk can't be partitioned so now I'm stuck. Please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You need rEFIt. Google that. And read carefully on installing it and how it works.
  3. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry i forgot to mention something, I was wishing to delete these partitions and repartition and reinstall ubuntu. The reason is because these partitions that i have i erased in disk utility so I'm sure that linux is corrupted by now. I've been tryibng to fix this for a day now. I would like to delete these partitions and resize the ac partition to use the whole hard disk and start from scratch.
  4. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please can anyone help me on deleting partitions?
  5. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So you want to remove OS X completely and install Ubuntu on it?
  7. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1.) This is the Linux section, so obviously he is trying to boot Ubuntu.
    2.) The title says "Need help dualbooting Leopard and Ubuntu on aluminum unibody macbook," if it's a MacBook, wouldn't he be tryign to dual boot Ubuntu?
    3.)
    BootCamp is an application on Mac OS X, if you actually read the post, you would know that you just asked an extremely dumb question.
  8. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, sorry I haven't checked on this post for a while now, I'll explain what I want to do... I have my Mac HD partition, BOOTCAMP partition 65 MB, DISK0S4 30 GB, and LINUX SWAP 1 GB. I would like to delete these partitions and re size the Mac HD partition. Everytime i try to run bootcamp it says that I need one unpartitioned Mac OS X journaled partition. So my final question: How do I delete these partitions and repartition my mac hd so everything would be back to normal
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Open disc utility and click on the partition you want to eliminate in the Volume Scheme map, and then click the - button. Everything on the partition that is being eliminated will be erased in this action. No more portion, no more linux.

And I meant to say PC in the quote in your signature.
  10. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the - button on the keyboard or somewhere in disc utility?