Need help downloading a HUGE F***ING FILE....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Jun 16, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I am trying to download the wiki2touch archive file. It is about 3.7GB. I tried downloading it on my computer but it ate up all of my virtual memory on my C Drive. I had to abort the download to keep my computer from going nuclear. Then I tried downloading the enormous file in Safari. Safari said that the page was too large to open. So much for having "the Internet Version of the Internet" as it said in those commercials. I have a 16GB Ipod touch with plenty of space on it. I am running Firmware 1.1.4 and I have the download plugin. Is there some app to download this enormous archive?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Clear space on your HDD and download it to your computer, and then move it to your iPod with iPhoneBrowser (SSH would take FOREVER).
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I couldnt possibly clear enough space on my C drive to do it. The odd part is that I am downloading the file to my HUGE H Drive, but it takes up virtual memory on the C Drive while it is downloading, slowing my computer to a standstill.
  4. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try to ******* it onto your computer, that way you can stop and start it without ruining / corrupting your file.
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem is that the only ******* I have found that does not require a subscription is from [PIRACY.tb].com, and that doesnt want to seem to download on my computer or on Safari on my ipod. Something is wrong with it.
  6. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Explain the problem into more detail? And perhaps you're going to need a new client, what Operating System are you using?
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    One of the best things I have found to do is to use Download Accelerator Plus. Just click on the link in Firefox or paste the link in it manually. It automatically searches the web for the same file, and downloads sections of it from every site it finds similtaneously. If not, it just downloads the same file from the same site by dividing it up into chunks. Very useful.
  9. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't have Firefox. Will it work in IE7?
  10. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Probably, but if it doesn't, you can download the application anyway. Then open it up, and click "Add." Then just copy and paste the URL!

Besides, you might have to disable it when downloading from some sites. It downloads the HTML instead of the file.