Need help Downgrading!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by ray101, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ray101

ray101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys i need some help downgrAding my ipod touch 2g(mc model) running on 4.0.2. Ive tried downgrading on my mac with the shift restore option, but my itunes 10 dosent allow downgrading. Ive tried downgrding on my netbook which is running on itunes 9, and it gave me a white screen and error 13. Is there anyway i could still downgrade.
    Please reply thnx.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You'll need your SHSH sigs backed up for the firmware you are trying to downgrade to for a start...
  3. ray101

ray101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ive had my ipod touch previously jailbroken but at the time i did not no how to set up shsh blogs, got any other idea?
  4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Download The Firmware Umbrella and check to see if Cydia has any signatures on record for you. If not then you are out of luck though you may have a result with this guide.
  5. ray101

ray101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright so how does tiny umbrella help downgrading my ipod touch
  6. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The tiny/firmware umbrella backs up your signed blobs required for activation and can checks Saurik's server to see and retrieve any signatures you have for local storage. If you have your sigs then you can restore by adding some entries to your Windows hosts file. Check this thread for a start and then go and do some research please. Note hat the additions to the hosts file differ depending on whether the sigs are on Saurik's server or saved locally on your computer.