Need help creating a sounds folder...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iluvapple82, May 19, 2009.

1. iluvapple82

iluvapple82 New Member

I have an ipod touch first gen on 2.2.1 firmware connected to a speaker. I am just trying to change the lock sounds. I have a clip that I wanted to use but I couldn't figure out how to convert it and get it into a folder to ssh it. Can anybody help? Thanks.

NVM.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Never mind.
  2. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Download a theme with modified sounds. Then SSH in and see how they do it. That's how I learned. I can't tell you the exact details, but the folder within your theme should be labeled "UISounds" and within that folder is where you put your sound files. But they must be renamed accordingly. I can't tell you the exact file names you need to rename them so download a theme that has modified UI Sounds to see what the names are. You can usually tell what sounds they are named for just by the name, like mail, text, blah blah. I think a theme with modded sounds you can download and see for yourself is "iNav montimedia V2 springjumps" or "iNav Vision" because I ssh all the time and I would replace sound files by using those themes' UISounds folders as my reference.
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    First convert the sound to the format: AIFF (or AIF) and then open up your SSH programme and browse to the theme DIR.

Create a folder and name it and then create another folder inside it named "UISounds" the spelling and case is ESSENTIAL!

Then take your converted sounds, and rename the lock sound "lock.caf" and the unlock "unlock.caf" (Change the .AIFF or .AIF to .CAF - this will work, you will also need to enable in folder options view know file types option)

Once SSH'ed enable in WB and you got your sounds!

Please Register or Log in to view images