Need help Broken Ipod :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wongger, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Wongger

Wongger New Member

Alright, so in not sure what section this is supposed to be under but im sorry if its not this one.

the problem: When I try and turn my Ipod touch 1.1.5 jailbroken on all it does is go into recovery mode it says startIpodStack can't start! need configuration. When I plug it into the computer, Itunes can't find it, so I can't even restart. I have no idea what to do, and I can't bring it back to future shop/best buy, cause its jailbroken and that will void the warranty (I think)

Any suggestions would be great, if anybody has dealt with this problem before let me know how you fixed it.

THANK you in advance
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

restore it
    dfu mode
  3. Wongger

Wongger New Member

Care to elaborate? In my recent post I said that I couldnt get my ipod to show up on my itunes. Which means I cant restore it
  4. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Since that wasn't very helpful, ill help you out. To put it in DFU mode, plug it into your computer and turn the ipod on. Let it turn on and do its error. Once it gets there hold the home button for 5 seconds then the sleep/wake button at the same time for 10 seconds, then let go of the sleep/wake button once your ipod turns off (takes about 10 seconds) and continue to hold the home button. Your ipod should be recognized by itunes and should say that you have to restore it for it to work. Try the method a few times sometimes it doesn't work the first time for me
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU mode lets you restore, be connected to the computer, hold the power and home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of the power button but keep holding home until your ipod shows up in itunes and it will.
  6. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do us all a favor and upgrade to 2.1. You will find it to be a billion times better than 1.1.5. Trust me

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Wongger

Wongger New Member

Wow Thank you

took awhile but I think I have it working now. Does 2.1 cost me money, somebody told me it does. Thats why I havent gotten it yet
  8. irakk

irakk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    2.0 costs 10$, 2.1 is free... But you don't have to pay... YouTube/ google are your friends. Or you could just pay ten bucks like I did