Need Help Big Problem !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themartini, May 12, 2008.

1. themartini

themartini New Member

Hi

i have had my iphone for 3 weeks now and a soon as i got it i unlocked and jailbreaked it .

but i had to restore my iphone 2 days ago and i acsidently restored to the iphone 2.0 beta 5 and of cource i got the pink screen and itunes told me to regester my device to the developlers program .

so i put it into restore mode and clicked restore and selected the 1.1.4 and then i got a message saying " unknowen eror 1604" and tried it again and again and got the same message .

i have searched this forum and google and apple suport and then tried lots of different things :

Uninstalling itunes then reinstalling itunes .
    *putting it into DFU mode in ziphone and iliberty but it does not reconise the iphone.
    *restarting my mac
    *making a new acount on my mac and trying it on there
    *trying it on another pc and mac they did not reconise the iphone.
    *downloading the 1.1.4 firmware agian .
    *trying another firmware 1.1.1 , 1.1.2, 1.1.3

no luck on any thing .

no programes or other computers reconises the iphone exept itunes on my mac .

the only firmware i can restore to is the 2.0 betas but i can do anything on then as i just get the pink screen but the other computers will reconise it with the 2.0 beta on it and ziphone and iliberty will but they wont reconise it when it is in recovery mode but itunes on my mac will ,strange.

Is my iphone bricked or is it fixable .

Can some one plz plz plz plz plz help me.

thanks josh
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You are going to need to put it into DFU mode manually, if doing it from Ziphone or iLiberty doesn't work.

-Hold power + home until the iPod powers off.
    -Once powered off, let go of the power button, but continue to hold the home button.
    -Wait 15 seconds.
    -iTunes will detect an iPhone in recovery mode, even though there is nothing shown on your screen. Shift + restore to desired firmware.
  3. themartini

themartini New Member

done that same "error 1604"
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  5. themartini

themartini New Member

6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

You are quite sure that you are connected to itunes when you manually put it into DFU mode? The screen will be black, but itunes will detect in recovery mode. Sometimes the timing on getting into DFU mode can be tricky.
  7. themartini

themartini New Member

the screen wasent black but i cant get i into dfu anymore as it is on like a recovery mode loop .
  8. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

If you continue to hold the power and home buttons for several minutes it should get out of the restore loop.
  9. themartini

themartini New Member

i will try

thanks
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Unplug everything from your USB ports. Restart your computer then plug just you iPhone in and then try a restore. Thats what usualy fixes that error for me. make sure you plug it back into a diferent port.