Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChocolateRice, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ChocolateRice

ChocolateRice New Member

Thanks for reading this.

Here's my story:

My ipod touch was stolen while I was at a public place. Afterwards I found a craigslist posting that offered an open with the exact case + screen saver of of my ipod. the time they posted the ad is also 2 hours after it was stolen. i plan on getting it back and might need some law enforcement help. the person probably reset the ipod as i jailbroke it and had a password on it. the problem is that i have restored the computer with which is was in synced. however, the ipod touch was actually exchanged at an apple store because my old one broke and they gave me a new one.

can anyone please tell me if there is a way to get evidence that clearly show the ipod is mine.

thank you guys so much.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    The serial # is all you need.
  3. ChocolateRice

ChocolateRice New Member

Is there any place you think I could locate the serial number? the apple store at the place I got the ipod is closed, but i'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    The computer you synced the iPod with has the serial in iTunes. Google how to find it.

Also Apple gave you a recipt with the serial on it.
  5. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I'm also thinking the police are a good place to go. I don't know much about craigs list but can you report them at all?
  6. ChocolateRice

ChocolateRice New Member

Unfortunately, my computer was restored, so the first option is not plausible. The receipt was only thrown away.

the only thing I can count on right now is that the apple store center guy somehow registered my serial number on that day for my. can anyone give an idea how likely this is?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ^^

I can report them, but unfortunately, I don't think that will at all. That's why i'm looking for some convicting evidence that the ipod is mine.
  7. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    How will they know which serial number was yours?
  8. ChocolateRice

ChocolateRice New Member

I filed an apple appointment, and when I left the store they gave some slip, my only hope right now is banking on whether or not apple store somehow associates my name with their registering my number