Need help applying screen protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TheConqueror, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Hey guys.

I really need help applying screen protectors. Me, I personally have applied over 20 static cling like the ones they sell in apple store, no problem, no lint, and perfect. Now I keep trying to install Bodyguardz screen protectors and they always fail and have lint in them. What should i do to avoid this? I am in a clean room and have turned off my shower. I am down to my last bodyguardz shield, and what I want to do is quickly peel of the current one (along with any lint) and apply the second before it sets back down.

Please I really need advice
  2. ZEvangelist

ZEvangelist New Member

Just make sure that you use plenty of solution. The lint shouldn't be a factor unless you are using a non lint-free cloth. The key is to use plenty of solution.
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Well, I failed anyway, got lint under it, and pulled it off.

Guess im going to the apple store for some static cling protectors
  4. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there should be directions on how to apply it...Look on youtube...there are vids that show you how to apply screen protectors
  5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    • Steam up the bathroom by running the shower with hot water for a few minutes.
    • Wipe the screen of the iPod with a lint-free cloth (such as a microfiber cloth).
    • Apply the liquid to your fingers and the skin and place it on your device.
    • Squeegee the liquid out.
    It's really easy to do. I don't see how you are getting lint under the skin unless you are rubbing it on your shirt or something -- or if you are using a non-lint-free cloth.
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

NickPod, I did everything you just said, except for the shirt part, and I am using a microfiber cloth, a real one not those crappy ones you get with cases