Need Help after I jailbroke ipod touch 2nd gen- Wont turn on!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by franklin08, Feb 24, 2009.

1. franklin08

franklin08 New Member

Hey i was hoping someone could help me. I downloaded eveything i needed to jailbreak my ipod and everything worked properly. I went into cydia and got like a spiderman theme to see how it would work and it said i needed to reboot. So i pressed the button to reboot and now it wont turn on at all. Also when i plus it into my computer it says the usb device is not recognized and i cannot restore it. Anyone know what to do? please help.

thanks

franklin
  2. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try Here

Or Here
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry I was being a bit harsh but you need to boot your iPod up into dfu. then use something like This
  3. franklin08

franklin08 New Member

ok i rebooted it and its up. now it is restoring back to how it was before i jailbroke it. any idea on where i messed up? why didnt it work right?
  4. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ummm.... Im not really sure since you didnt say how you jaibroke it. Try again with This
  5. *MATT JAM3S*

*MATT JAM3S* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you didn't mess up.

I don't know why people jailbreak there ipod's and then come here being like omfg my ipod is bricked.

all you had to do was put it in DFU mode, and boot it up.
  6. franklin08

franklin08 New Member

matt james- i tried that...the screen would stay black and on my computer all it would say is that i needed to restore it so i tried but it wouldnt let me

but i jailkbroke it by downloading cyw00d jailbreak helper and firmware sh*t....i dont really know. but the program i used had like a green apple in it... it worked completely until i tried putting a theme on it and it just didnt reboot